Cristina Biaggi, Author/Editor and Lecturer
Cristina Biaggi, Ph.D., is a respected and recognized author and speaker on the subjects of the Great Goddess, Neolithic and Paleolithic prehistory, and the origin and impact of patriarchy on contemporary life. To her books and her presentations, she brings knowledge rooted in her studies of the classics, art and art history, archaeology, literature, and languages acquired at Vassar, The University of Utah, Harvard and NYU. For nearly four decades, she has conducted ongoing, in-depth research that has broadened and deepened her passion and abiding interest in prehistory and its effects on our lives today.
Dr. Biaggi has written Habitations of the Great Goddess and edited and contributed to In the Footsteps of the Goddess: Personal Stories and The Rule of Mars: Readings on the Origins, History, and Impact of Patriarchy.
She maintains an active lecture schedule. She has spoken on a variety of subjects at the Smithsonian Institute, the Glastonbury (England) Conference, the Beijing Women's Conference, and, in New York City, at The 92nd Street Y, The American Museum of Natural History, and The Society of Women Geographers. Among the many papers she has presented are:
- "The Priestess Figure of Malta," World Archaeological Conference, England
- "Myth, Monument and Matristic Societies," Woman and Earth Conference, Turkey, and the Archaeology Conference, Greece
- "The Web: The Pattern That Connects—Its Paleolithic and Neolithic Manifestation and Its Importance Today," Third Archaeology Conference, Bulgaria
- "How Did the Black Sea Flood Affect the Kurgan Culture and Why Did They Become Warlike?" Liguria Study Center, Italy
- “Manifestations of the Dark Goddess in History and Her Relevance to Women Today,” Keynote Address, Southwest Unitarian Universalist Women (SWUUW Women’s Conference: Weaving Our Lives, Fort Worth, Texas
For Dr. Biaggi’s C.V., click here.
For more about her books, click here.
For a selection of the papers she has published and presented, click here.
For more about Dr. Biaggi’s lecture arrangements and schedule, please contact Diane Lewis, 860.657.9522, email@example.com.